home remedies for sugar : follow the following principles for the care of diabetic patients in cooperation between the patient, doctor, dietician and others.. Here are the details as follows:
Caring for a diabetic patient requires the efforts of a team consisting of the patient, doctor, nurse, health educator, dietician, pharmacist and others, and there is no doubt that the patient is the focus of this team. The patient must learn what to do to take good care of diabetes
There are three main principles of diabetes care:
- Things to do daily.
- Things a doctor should check at every visit.
- Common things between the patient and the doctor are done once or twice a year.
It is necessary to keep a daily record of the results of blood sugar tests because this information will help to know the best way to achieve the goals of health care for the patient with diabetes.
Home remedies for sugar What are the things that a diabetic should do daily?
- Follow the healthy eating plan set by the doctor, i.e. stick to the diet completely, and eat meals and snacks around the same time every day.
- Doing physical activity for a total of 30 minutes a day, you can consult a doctor to find out the best activities suitable for the patient.
- Take your diabetes medicine at the same time every day.
- Checking the blood sugar daily and recording the result on the patient’s diabetes record, with a call to the doctor if the values are too high or too low over a period of 2-3 days.
- Examine the feet daily to look for cuts, blisters, ulcers, swelling, redness and damaged nails.
- Dental flossing and gum care daily.
- Refrain from smoking and alcohol, because smoking slows the blood flow to the feet and legs and makes ulcers and infections difficult to heal, in addition to its known risks to the heart and blood vessels.
It should be noted that the diabetic patient should always carry a card, a bracelet or a special ID showing that he has diabetes, in addition to the blood sugar information that helps him in cases of fainting.
What things should a doctor check at every visit?
- Review the blood glucose test results history.
- patient weight.
- Measurement weight, blood pressure. Patient.
- Review your diabetes medication plan.
- Examination of the feet, especially with regard to examining the nerves and arteries of the feet.
- Physical activity and exercise plan.
- food plan.
- Psychological distress: The patient must be taught the best way to deal with distress, psychological distress and daily pressures.
- Smoking: Helping the patient to stop smoking if he is a smoker.
What are the things the doctor and patient should do once or twice a year?
1 – Hemoglobin A1C test: It is done at least twice a year, and it is necessary to know the average blood sugar control rate during the past three months.
2 – blood lipids:
- Cholesterol: target less than 100 mg/dL.
- LDL: target less than 130 mg/dL.
- HDL: target for men over 35 mg/dl and for women over 45 mg/dl.
- Triglycerides: target less than 150 mg/dL.
The results of these tests will help develop a plan to prevent heart attacks and strokes.
3 – Renal function tests: urine test for protein, blood test (creatinine, urea, uric acid) for protein breakdown products. The results of these analyzes will help to maintain the kidney and its functioning well.
4 – Examination of the eye after dilation, where a dilated eye drop (the central black area of the eye) is used, and the bottom of the eye is examined annually to look for and detect retinal problems before symptoms occur in the patient.
5 – Dental examination : twice a year by the dentist.
6 – Giving the flu vaccine ; annually because the flu infection in a diabetic can be very dangerous.